A tan is your body's natural protection against sunburn. We've included a few guidelines that not only protect you, but help you to look your best.
- Tan only once in a 24-hour period to comply with bed manufacturers' warning labels.
- Wear approved eyewear every session.
- Use approved indoor tanning lotions. They're better for your tan and won't damage the beds like baby oil and outdoor lotions.
- Follow age guidelines required by Baja Beach Tanning Club's policy: Under the age of 18 - your parent or legal guardian must sign a consent and waiver form.
- Using the right skincare products can increase your tanning results by up to 40%.
- Moisture is the key to a healthy-looking tan! Lotions specifically formulated for indoor use prepare your skin for UV exposure and reduce the drying effects of the tanning process. They also contain ingredients that promote the production of melanin in your skin, and special vitamins that keep your skin healthy. Baja Beach Tanning Club carries a variety of lotions and moisturizers specifically designed for indoor tanners at every level.
- If you plan to tan in the nude, you should expose sensitive areas of your body gradually during your tanning sessions to avoid sunburn.
- Your lips produce very little melanin and are prone to UV-overexposure, so you should always protect them with a sunscreen. SPF lip balms are available at all Baja Beach Tanning Club locations. Many products we all use every day - such as makeup and perfume - contain ingredients that can make your skin more susceptible to sunburn (photosensitive). Common prescription drugs and over-the-counter medications can also cause photosensitizing reactions. Our tanning consultants have a list of such medications for your review.